Edge was developed with an understanding of the challenges libraries face today. Technology demands and challenges are different for every library, just as each community has unique needs and demographics. Through using the Edge Toolkit, libraries evaluate their current services and identify opportunities for improvement.
Public libraries across the U.S. and Canada are using Edge to:
- Measure the effectiveness of library technology services
- Benchmark services and capacity against national standards
- Create a roadmap for improving services to better meet community needs
- Build local understanding of the library’s value to the community
Edge provides three subscription options: individual, state, or small group.
If you are a library in one of the following states, you already have access to Edge through your state library, so log in or register today: California, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas.
The Edge pricing structure is built on a tiered system, with Individual Subscriptions based on the library's budget.
|Library Budget||Annual Fee|
|$10,000,000 - $50,000,000||$5,000|
|$2,000,000 - $10,000,000||$2,500|
|$1,000,000 - $2,000,000||$1,500|
|$500,000 - $1,000,000||$1,000|
|$100,000 - $500,000||$ 500|
|< $100,000||$ 250|
To subscribe to Edge, or if you have any questions about an Individual Subscription, please contact Edge Support.
State Subscriptions are funded by state library agencies and provide access to the Edge Toolkit for every public library in the state. In addition to providing this valuable tool to public libraries, the state library agency has access to a Dashboard that provides detailed information about their state's participation in Edge, the results of which have been used in a wide variety of ways, including developing plans for bettering library support and awarding technology and per capita grants.
There are currently seven state libraries that subscribe to Edge: California, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Texas. If you are a library in one of these states and you have not yet taken advantage of Edge, log in or register today!
For more information about State Subscriptions to Edge, please contact Lourdes Aceves, Edge Senior Program Manager, email@example.com.
Small Group Subscription
Small Group Subscriptions are available for library consortia, regional cooperatives, and other library organizations that wish to subscribe to Edge collectively. For more information on Edge’s Small Group Subscriptions, please contact Edge Support.
Edge Toolkit Subscriptions for all public libraries include:
- Online assessment tool gives libraries a look into their local data, from operations to partnerships and programming, to assess how their community is using the technology.
- Action planning tool helps libraries understand how best practices can be put into place to align future growth and services with community priorities.
- Training guides libraries in using their Edge results for planning, advocacy, and outreach activities to enhance as well as build technology services.
- Reporting and presentation tools help library leaders tell the story of how computers support the local economy, workforce, lifelong learning, and a strong community.
- Resources and library profiles provide practical templates, tools, and tips for improving the library’s public technology services.
- Peer comparison data helps libraries understand and contextualize their scores with the national average and compared with other communities of a similar size.